In the Reading test, you will read a variety of texts and answer several different types of reading comprehension questions. The entire Reading test will last 75 minutes. There are three parts, and directions are given for each part. You are encouraged to answer as many questions as possible within the time allowed.
Directions: In this part, you will read a selection of texts, such as magazine and newspaper articles, e-mails, and instant messages. Each text or set of texts is followed by several questions. Select the best answer for each question and mark the letter (A), (B), (C) or (D) on your answer sheet.
You must mark your answers on the separate answer sheet. Do not write your answers in your test book.
refer to the following notice.
147. What does Star Designs produce?
148. What is being announced?
refer to the following brochure.
149. What is suggested about Acadetech?
150. With what feature is Mr. Schroeder particularly pleased?
refer to the following e-mail.
151. Where most likely does Mr. Chopra work?
152. What does Mr. Chopra write that Mr. Pressler will do?
153. In which of the positions marked , , , and  does the following sentence best belong? "While there, we put together a project list, which includes all of the associated tasks."
Questions 154-155 refer to the following text message chain.
154. What is Ms. Channa's problem?
155. At 8:49 A.M., what does Ms. Channa mean when she writes, "Yes, that definitely works"?
Questions 156-158 refer to the following article.
156. The word "boom" in paragraph 1, line 2, is closest in meaning to
157. Who most likely is Dr. Belanger?
158. What does Dr. Belanger state about small businesses?
Questions 159-160 refer to the following e-mail.
159. What does the e-mail suggest about Ms. Paxton?
160. What is Ms. Paxton instructed to do?
Question 161-163 refer to the following job advertisement.
161. Why is the lab-assistant position being offered?
162. What is NOT a requirement of the job?
163. How should applicants apply for the position?
Questions 164-167 refer to the following e-mail.
164. Why did Mr. Takeda send the e-mail?
165. What is suggested about Mr. Rogerson?
166. According to the e-mail, what can the DSKT greenhouse system do?
167. In which of the positions marked , , ,and  does the following sentence best belong? "I am confident it will illustrate how our system can meet your needs."
Questions 168-171 refer to the following notice.
168. What is the purpose of the notice?
169. What is indicated about the works of art?
170. What is mentioned about Mr. Olson?
171. What is NOT suggested about the event?
Questions 172-175 refer to the following online chat discussion.
172. What are the writers discussing?
173. What is suggested about the writers?
174. At 9:38 A.M., what does Ms. Parrin most likely mean when she writes, "Exactly"?
175. What will Mr. Watanabe most likely do on Friday?
Questions 176-180 refer to the following memo and form.
176. What is the purpose of the memo?
177. Where will a company activity take place?
178. What topic will be covered in September?
179. Why has Mr. De Santos paid a fee?
180. Who must provide an approval?
Questions 181-185 refer to the following Web page and e-mail.
181. To whom is the Klockner Prize awarded?
182. What is suggested about Ms. Fadulu?
183. In the e-mail, the word "nice" in paragraph 1, line 2, is closest In meaning to
184. What article does Mr. Tsang want to develop into a column?
185. What does Mr. Tsang want to do on December 16 ?
Questions 186-190 refer to the following proposal forms and e-mail.
186. Who most likely is Mr. Acosta?
187. When should customers pay Freshen Carpets for their services?
188. What do both companies offer to customers?
189. What does Mr. Tierney ask all employees to do?
190. What is suggested about Sethi Technologies?
Questions 191-195 refer to the following text message, article, and review.
191. Why did Mr. Forletti send the text message?
192. Where was Mr. Forletti when he sent the text message?
193. What does the article suggest about Mr. Lewison?
194. What does the article indicate about the Millway Road Train Station?
195. What is suggested in Ms. Ko's review?
Questions 196-200 refer to the following e-mails and schedule.
196. According to the first e-mail, what is true about the Optisafe software?
197. According to the schedule, what do the Abacus Deepthink trainings have in common?
198. Why did Mr. Ramos-Toro write to Ms. Hedlund?
199. What is suggested about Mr. Ramos-Toro?
200. When will Mr. Ramos-Toro most likely complete a training?