In the Listening test, you will be asked to demonstrate how well you understand spoken English. The entire Listening test will last approximately 45 minutes. There are four parts, and directions are given for each part. You must mark your answers on the separate answer sheet. Do not write your answers in your test book.PART 1
Directions: For each question in this part, you will hear four statements about a picture in your test book. When you hear the statements, you must select the one statement that best describes what you see in the picture. Then find the number of the question on your answer sheet and mark your answer. The statements will not be printed in your test book and will be spoken only one time.
Statement (C), "They're sitting at a table," is the best description of the picture, so you should select answer (C) and mark it on your answer sheet.
Directions: You will hear a question or statement and three responses spoken in English. They will not be printed in your test book and will be spoken only one time. Select the best response to the question or statement and mark the letter (A), (B), or (C) on your answer sheet.
Directions: You will hear some conversations between two or more people. You will be asked to answer three questions about what the speakers say in each conversation. Select the best response to each question and mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet. The conversations will not be printed in your test book and wi ll be spoken only one time.
32. 32. What are the speakers discussing?
33. 33. Where is the conversation taking place?
34. 34. What does the man say he will do?
35. 35. What most likely is the woman's job?
36. 36. What does the woman want to change?
37. 37. What will the man do next?
38. 38. Where do the speakers work?
39. 39. What does the woman tell the man about?
40. 40. What will the man do after lunch?
41. 41. What does the man ask the woman to do?
42. 42. What does the man say he will do with a video camera?
43. 43. What does the woman say about the Sepler 83?
44. 44. Where do the speakers most likely work?
45. 45. Why does the woman say, "This isn't the first time this has happened"?
46. 46. What will the woman most likely do next?
47. 47. What is Dorota's field of study?
48. 48. What does the man want to review with Dorota?
49. 49. Why has a training been postponed?
50. 50. What problem does the woman mention?
51. 51. According to the man, what caused the problem?
52. 52. What does the man say he will do right away?
53. 53. What type of business is the woman
54. 54. What does the man suggest?
55. 55. What does the woman ask about?
56. 1. What are the speakers discussing?
57. 57. What type of company do the speakers work for?
58. 58. What does the woman say should be emphasized?
59. 59. What is the woman preparing for?
60. 60. What does the man imply when he says, "I finished my project early"?
61. 61. What will the man most likely do next?
62. 62. What are the speakers concerned about?
63. 63. Look at the graphic. Which exit does the woman tell the man to take?
64. 64. What does the man say he hopes to do?
65. 65. What does the woman say she is worried about?
66. 66. Look at the graphic. Which category will be discussed in the next staff meeting?
67. 67. What does the man suggest doing?
68. 68. What industry do the speakers work in?
69. 69. Look at the graphic. Which machine is being discussed?
70. 70. What does the woman say she wil l do next?
Directions: You will hear some talks given by a single speaker. You will be asked to answer three questions about what the speaker says in each talk. Select the best response to each question and mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet. The talks will not be printed in your test book and will be spoken only one time.
71. 71. What does the speaker announce?
72. 72. According to the speaker, what has Skycloud Aviation requested?
73. 73. What are listeners asked to do?
74. 74. Why is the speaker calling?
75. 75. What does the speaker mean when she says, "there's a team meeting this afternoon"?
76. 76. What will the speaker do tomorrow?
77. 77. What type of business is Kendris?
78. 78. According to the speaker, what is special about a new product?
79. 79. According to the speaker, what will take place in August?
80. 80. What is available at the back of the room?
81. 81. What does the speaker imply when he says, "Space is limited"?
82. 82. What will the listeners do next?
83. 83. What industry does Janet Colthrup work in?
84. 84. What will Janet Colthrup discuss?
85. 85. What does the speaker request that listeners do?
86. 86. What event took place last weekend?
87. 87. Why is the city raising money?
88. 88. Why was the event rescheduled?
89. 89. Why has the tour bus stopped?
90. 90. According to the speaker, why is Fremont historically important?
91. 91. What will the tour group do next?
92. 92. What is the Health Monitor?
93. 93. What does the speaker mean when she says, "Who wants to do that"?
94. 94. Why are listeners encouraged to act soon?
95. 95. Who is the conference intended for?
96. 96. Look at the graphic. Which session has been changed?
97. 97. How can listeners enter a contest?
98. 98. Why is a change being made?
99. 99. Look at the graphic. Where are the new shelves located?
100. 100. What does the speaker say listeners can find in the office?
In the Reading test, you will read a variety of texts and answer several different types of reading comprehension questions. The entire Reading test will last 75 minutes. There are three parts, and directions are given for each part. You are encouraged to answer as many questions as possible within the time allowed.
You must mark your answers on the separate answer sheet. Do not write your answers in your test book.
Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C) or (D) on your answer sheet.
101. 101. The regional manager will arrive tomorrow, so please ensure that all ------- documents are ready.
102. 102. The historic Waldridge Building was constructed nearly 200 years -------.
103. 103. Consumers ------- enthusiastically to the new colors developed by Sanwell Paint.
104. 104. The ------- files contain your employment contract and information about our company.
105. 105. Please submit each reimbursement request ------- according to its category, as outlined in last month's memo.
106. 106. Customers can wait in the reception area ------- our mechanics complete the car repairs.
107. 107. No one without a pass will be granted ------ to the conference.
108. 108. To receive an electronic reminder when payment is due, set up an online account ------- Albright Bank.
109. 109. The registration fee is ------- refundable up to two weeks prior to the conference date.
110. 110. All identifying information has been ------- from this letter of complaint so that it can be used for training purposes.
111. 111. ------- this time next year, Larkview Technology will have acquired two new subsidiaries.
112. 112. Table reservations for ------- greater than ten must be made at least one day in advance.
113. 113. Because of ------- weather conditions, tonight's concert in Harbin Park has been canceled.
114. 114. Ms. AI-Omani will rely ------- team leaders to develop employee incentive programs.
115. 115. Survey ------- analyze the layout of a land area above and below ground level.
116. 116. ------- assemble your Gessen product, first read all instructions and gather all required tools.
117. 117. Online shoppers who experience long waits for their orders tend ------- the business low ratings.
118. 118. ------- of the new Delran train station will begin in late September.
119. 119. The computing power of the new laptop is ------- to any desktop computer in the same price range.
120. 120. Dr. Yuina Hashimoto recently added another doctor to her practice, ------- allowing more patients to be seen.
121. 121. Graden Hotel ------- its superior reputation thanks to the leadership of its president, Marcia Clemente.
122. 122. Aki Katsuro's latest novel is his most exciting ------- and is sure to make Radin Books' best-seller list.
123. 123. Thanks ------- to pastry chef Ana Villagra, Lauducci's Restaurant has become a favorite with local patrons.
124. 124. At Crintack Manufacturing, we acknowledge our ------- to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
125. 125. ------- Mr. Donovan had expected the charity event to be a success, the response from the community still overwhelmed him.
126. 126. This free mobile app provides ------- calendar updates, so salespeople will never miss an appointment.
127. 127. Most senior managers approved the architect's proposal for the office layout, although ------- expressed concerns about the cost.
128. 128. Greenville Library has hired an office assistant not only to perform general office duties ------- to support an ongoing special project.
129. 129. The lease with The Pawlicki Group ------- if modifications to the existing offices are made.
130. 130. Wrazen Associates ------- a summary with a list of recommendations as a routine part of any audit.
Directions: Read the texts that follow. A word, phrase, or sentence is missing in parts of each text. Four answers for each question are given below the text. Select the best answer to complete the text. Then mark the letter (A),(B),(C) or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 131-134 refer to the following email.
Questions 135-138 refer to the following email.
Questions 139-142 refer to the following memo.
Questions 143-146 refer to the following article.
Directions: In this part, you will read a selection of texts, such as magazine and newspaper articles, e-mails, and instant messages. Each text or set of texts is followed by several questions. Select the best answer for each question and mark the letter (A), (B), (C) or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 147-148 refer to the following notice.
147. 147. Where would the notice most likely be posted?
148. 148. How can readers enter a contest?
Questions 149-150 refer to the following text-message chain.
149. 149. Where do the writers most likely work?
150. 150. At 10:18 A.M., what does Mr. Hart mean when he writes, "Shouldn't be a problem"?
Questions 151-152 refer to the following instruction.
151. 151. What is the purpose of the machine referred to in the instructions?
152. 152. What are users instructed to do each time before using the machine?
Questions 153 – 154 refer to the following text message.
153. 153. Why did Ms. Bayardi send the text to Mr. Takiff?
154. 154. What does Ms. Bayardi ask Mr. Takiff to do?
Questions 155-157 refer to the email.
155. 155. What is the main purpose of the e-mail?
156. 156. What is Mr. Xiao asked to do?
157. 157. In which of the positions marked , , , and  does the following sentence best belong? "Please use code XB84RD when completing your order to receive the discount."
Question 158 – 160 refer to the following advertisement.
158. 158. What is indicated about Mr. Cheung?
159. 159. What is NOT mentioned as a task Mr. Cheung can do?
160. 160. According to the advertisement, what may a customer ask for?
Questions 161-163 refer to the following article.
161. 161. What is the purpose of the article?
162. 162. According to the article, what is true about Reds and Juiceys?
163. 163. In which of the positions marked , , , and  does the following sentence best belong? "In other words, these new types of apples are designed for big flavor and big profits."
Questions 164-167 refer to the following email.
164. 164. Why did Mr. Koubek e-mail Ms. Pearle?
165. 165. The phrase "appeal to" in paragraph 1, line 4, is closest in meaning to
166. 166. What is indicated about the event on May 21?
167. 167. What is NOT stated about Mr. Koubek?
Questions 168-171 refer to the following chat discussion.
168. 168. Who most likely are the participants in the online chat discussion?
169. 169. At 9:33 A.M., what does Mr. Harrer mean when he writes, "we got that sorted out"?
170. 170. What project is Mr. Chun taking on?
171. 171. What does Ms. Shu agree to do?
Questions 172-175 refer to the following document.
172. 172. The word "perform" in paragraph 3, line 2, is closest in meaning to
173. 173. According to the document, when will Haswell Tire Company provide a discount?
175. 175. What is suggested about Haswell Tire Company?
Questions 176-180 refer to the following email and article.
176. 176. Why did Ms. Thabado send the e-mail?
177. 177. What was sent with the e-mail?
178. 178. In what ballroom was the celebration most likely held?
179. 179. What is NOT mentioned about Dr.Matambo?
180. 180. According to the article, what does Dr.Matambo plan to do?
Questions 181-185 refer to the following email and schedule.
181. 181. What is the purpose of the e-mail?
182. 182. How did Mr. Reister hear about Zhang Hong Kong Tours?
183. 183. What did Mr. Brown most likely see on his tour?
184. 184. What is suggested about Mr.Reister?
185. 185. According to Ms. Zhang, what tour is most suitable for Mr. Reister?
Questions 186-190 refer to the fo llowing Web page and e-mails.
186. 186. In the first e-mail, the word "critical" in paragraph 1, line 4, is closest in meaning to
187. 187. What feature of the oven listed on the Web page is NOT referred to in Mr. Castro's e-mail?
188. 188. What does Mr. Castro's company do?
189. 189. Why does Ms. Martz write to Mr. Castro?
190. 190. What does Ms.Martz ask Mr. Castro to do?
Questions 191-195 refer to the following e-mails and Web page.
191. 191. Why did Ms.Manibog write the first e-mail?
192. 192. In the first e-mail , the word "fair" in paragraph 1, line 4, is closest in meaning to
193. 193. What is most likely true about Ms.Manibog?
194. 194. How much did Mr. Najarian pay for his daughter's lesson?
195. 195. What is indicated about Mr. Najarian and his daughter?
Questions 196-200 refer to the following articles and program notes.
196. 196. What is suggested about Lafont?
197. 197. According to the first article, what problem with the concert had to be addressed?
198. 198. What is indicated about the song "A Single Morning"?
199. 199. How did the concert in Lafont differ from Ms. Benitez' usual concerts?
200. 200. What song did Ms. Parker perform in?